The last few weeks have been a time of big changes and exhausting schedules, yet full of expectations of exciting things on the horizon …
- 25 June: Our daughter and family moved into our house with us
- 1 July: Sam retired from his job with the city of Newport News and joined the efforts at home preparing for our departure and setting up our daughter’s family in our house
- 3 July: Sam and Patti shared with some friends about our ministry and move at our previous church
- 8 July: Sam had his scheduled doctor’s appointment and learned that his blood sugar levels are now just below the trigger point for diabetes for the first time since diagnosed 1 1/2 years ago (Praise God for His healing touch)
- 9 July: had a contractor come by to take a look at some problem areas discovered on our roof over the weekend
- 10 July: celebrated our daughter’s birthday with shopping, a hair appointment, and lunch out … a no-packing day!
These special events have been surrounded by long days of packing, organizing, discarding and donating ‘stuff’, trying unsuccessfully to find a new washing machine to replace a dying one, as well as some fun meals and coffees with local friends. Saturday evening some friends are hosting a farewell dinner with an Irish theme, Sunday afternoon we are visiting Patti’s dad for dinner (a 5-hour round-trip drive). Somewhere in there we will find time to pack suitcases for 2 1/2 months in Ireland beginning with a flight from Richmond, VA at 1pm on Tuesday.
- Energy and good health in these last days of preparations
- That the contractor’s estimate for repairing the roof would be reasonable and affordable
- Discernment in prioritizing the remaining things to be done before leaving … there’s just not enough time to do it all
- Discernment in making plans once in Ireland … for the first time we are arriving with no scheduled meetings, though we do have many opportunities to follow up on
- For God to open doors and give us boldness as we seek to encourage and assist Irish Christ-followers in making the Word of God a key element in their walk with Him
- Additional financial partners to team with us in this ministry
May God richly bless you all as you serve Him where you are.