How can a young man keep his way pure?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Psalms 119:9-11 NIV
God chooses to transform lives through the study of his Word by the power of His Spirit. Our group studies comprise of five essential elements:
1. Home Study – Search the Bible with the help of the questions and find treasures you didn’t know were there! Each week there are study questions, which members complete at home. Most answers can be found in the passage being studied.
2. Group Discussion – Come and share those same treasures with a group of people as they share their treasures with you! Reflect together on how this might affect your life. The group discusses the answers they have to the questions. A leader facilitates so the discussion is both lively and ordered!
3. The Talk – Listen to a talk which wraps it all up and helps you respond to God’s Word. The talk focuses on the main point the passage is making so you get a clear message to live by.
4. Commentary – Read a commentary at home which takes you deeper adding details which ensure that the message of the Word is clear and life transforming.
5. Caring – Love, care and be cared for in a group of people who are learning to love like Jesus loves.